Tuesday, December 6, 2011

“Me Gift” IDEA #1: Spice Up Your Workout Wardrobe

This may seem trivial but have you ever thought about how different you feel when your wearing your favorite blouse or a pair of fabulous shoes? Maybe you have a little more swag in your step, feel a little bit more confident, everything seems a bit better? Translate that to when your working out…This is definetly personal preference but think about it…All you want to do is through on sloppy sweat pants and lay on the couch but you feel like you HAVE to make it to the gym. Or maybe you want to cover up because of the donuts you ate earlier in the day or the cheese burger you slammed at lunch?

I have experienced all the above. I cover every inch of my body with oversized clothes, throw on a hat and pray that I don’t see anyone I know…Then I find myself hiding from the weights where most people are. Anxious to get my lifts/cardio over with I rush through everything just so I can get out of the crowded gym unnoticed…My workouts reduce themselves to a total of, hmmm maybe, 15mins. I smile and make eye contact less and spend more time feeling gross about how I look…but why?

It’s a simple solution. Pick out an outfit like you would to go to work or get dressed for the day. Find workout clothes that fit and flatter your body. Get a new pair of tennis shoes and swap out your 5 year old yard work shoes. Put your hair up. Now, just to be clear I am not endorsing putting on a full face of make up, but spend sometime so that you can feel good about you how you look and in turn how you feel. Place your best foot forward and see how much better you feel about yourself and your abilities. You are a hard worker, a beautiful woman and motivated to improve your health.

So this year if you are asked what you want for Christmas, think about your “Me Gift.” Ask for some new gym shoes you’ve been eying, some workout pants that make you feel slim or a well fitting dry fit top or jacket that give you a little of jazz.

SHOP.LULULEMON.COM
Here are some of my favorites and ideas for all body sizes.

LuLuLemon Athletica: My all time favorite workout clothing…overpriced? slightly but extremely high quality. These are perfect for yoga or lifting. They fit extremely well with lots of sizes, including my personal favorite, lots of Tall sizes!!

TARGET.COM
Target: Convenient and a ton to chose from! These are very reasonably priced, a lot of bright and vibrant colors. Different fits from loose to tight great for all ages.

Nike.com
Nike: I have been a fan of Nike since high school. From my volleyball shoes and soccer cleats to running and cross training, these are great! You can even design your own at the Nike website.

Looks for all sizes:


Remember: Fitted clothing does not mean they have to be tight. Make sure you try the clothes on first. Avoid pants or shorts that are tight around the waste and tops that might be too short and accentuate your stomach. You need to be able to move comfortably in everything to wear to the gym…avoid low wasted pants to prevent that lovely plumber crack and keep cleavage to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment